Most individuals strongly believe that if they spend eight hours in bed, they are sure to meet their regular requirements for relaxation and rejuvenation. What they fail to realize is that are the number of times they wake up throughout the night, or time spent tossing and turning around under the sheets, which can seriously cut down on both the quality and quantity of that precious sleep.
If you wish to wake up feeling refreshed it’s noteworthy to focus on the quality and quantity of sleep- how much sleep you fetch every night which indicates how well you sleep at night. During the night time, the human body progresses through diverse phases of sleep. If one phase is interrupted, the body takes time to reset and begin via the phases again, meaning you never fetch the deep and restorative sleep that happens during the later phases.
Poor quality of sleep can make you feel tired and sore the next day and may even be linked to an increased danger of Alzheimer’s. But determining the quality of your sleep is less straightforward than counting the number of hours you fetch. Understand the signs of distressed sleep quality, and discover how to improve it.
Signs that your sleep quality is poor and affected
You daily wake up more than once every night
Adequate sleep can only be fetched if you sleep for straight 8 hours without any interruptions. The human body requires uninterrupted sleep, just as it requires air and food to operate at its best.
You take more than 30 minutes to fall asleep after getting into bed
Without adequate sleep, the brain and the body systems won’t operate normally. It can also dramatically lower the quality of life. It’s best not to waste time in bed thinking about unnecessary facts and make a little effort to close your eyes and force yourself to sleep.
You feel drowsy in the morning
Noticeable signs of sleep deprivation include irritability, yawning, daytime fatigue and drowsiness the next day. Thus, its best to avoid these and fetch some effective sleep for better functions the next day.
You’re awake for more than 20 minutes after waking up in the middle of the night
Always remember that sleep deprivation leaves your brain exhausted, so it can’t perform its duties effectively. If your sleep gets interrupted and now, you’re up, make sure you make an effort to go back to sleep and not waste time.
You have been diagnosed as having insomnia
If you don’t fetch enough sleep, your body may not be able to protect itself from invaders, and may also take longer to recover from illness. It would be best to develop a set schedule for sleeping and ardently follow it to fight off insomnia.
How can you improve your sleep quality?
The best means to avoid sleep deprivation is by making sure that you fetch adequate sleep at night. You must undertake certain lifestyle changes and sustain sleep for longer periods of time for effective results. It would be prudent to figure out how many hours you’re actually fetching per night, minus any periods of wakefulness, and only permit yourself to be in bed for that long. Ultimately, after cutting down on your sleep, you’ll naturally feel sleepier at night, helping you to sleep more deeply.
Other ways in which you can get back on track with a healthy sleeping cycle include:
- Keeping away from caffeine past noon
- Stick to your bedtime schedule during weekends and holidays. Having poor habits, such as going to bed too late or too early can make it tough to sleep soundly.
- Limiting daytime naps
- Avoid heavy meals at least 2-3 hours prior to bedtime
- Exercise regularly, mostly early morning and never at hours close to bedtime
- Refraining from using electronic devices right before bed or at least 30 minutes before bedtime. The blue light that’s emitted from these electronic devices can make it tough to fall asleep.
- Set a comfortable room temperature for yourself. Sleeping in a room that is either too cool or too hot can interfere with your body’s capability to sleep off.
- Doing something relaxing before bed. Undertaking stimulating or stressful activities can lower the odds of an easy transition to sleep. It would be prudent to avoid activities that might cause anxiety.
- Consume only one or two alcoholic drinks per day. And that also never consume before 3 hours from bedtime.
For more information, connect with Waikite, where we can help you by offering pillows, sheets and sleep accessories that are so comfortable that you can easily fetch some effective sleep. Our products have the ability to adjust according to your sleeping mechanisms.